Welcome!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Make yourself at home and take a few minutes to find out a little about my crazy little world!

8.19.2008

Happy B'day T-baby!

Some of you may already know that's what I lovingly call my eldest son, Trey... he has many nick-names, even "Trey" is one! I started calling him "T" when he was about 4 or 5 when he was playing T-ball... it has definitely stuck with him! Hardball is one of his favorite movies of all time (I wish it didn't have all that cursing because the story is great), the little boy in there is called G-baby... I guess that's where I picked up the T-baby, along with saying "Come on T, Baby... hit it hard!" when he was up to bat! Anyway, today's post is all about his b'day!!
He's ELEVEN today!!! It's sooooo hard to believe!
There are many stories to tell about him, but probably the best ones come from his aggravation of pronouncing words wrong... like "counch" for couch, "pidget" for pigeon, "Giggilan" for Gilligan's Island, "Chagganooda" for Chattanooga, there are many more, but my all-time favorite is, "swip-swipers" for wind shield wipers! (We still call them that when it rains!)
He has the cutest little look when he's being sneaky... and the funniest dances when he thinks no one is watching... and the biggest heart in the world when someone needs help or is hurting.
I'm tearing up just thinking about how tough this little man is, he just amazes me. When he was 2, his parents split up... when he was 3 his parents married other spouses... when he was 4, he had a little brother (and a step brother & two step sisters) at Mom's and little sister at Dad's... he moved to a new home at 5... he had six surgeries by the time he was 6... and the list goes on to just this past year when he endured the hardest year of school yet, when he had the toughest teacher on the planet and was so relieved to find out that he had passed!!
I'm so proud of how much he's grown and matured over the last eleven years (yes, there's a long way to go, but)... he was saved 2 years ago and with the heart that he has for others, I know he'll impact many people in his lifetime... He's turned out to be a great kid... the Lord said "Train a child up in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not turn from it", he will always be one of my "true gifts" from God and even though I know that the teenage years are on their way, Trey has a heart as big as the world and I know he is and is gonna be a Mighty Man of God.

Momma loves you, T-baby! Happy Birthday!!


1 comment:

  1. you forgot mydaddy. T- welcome to age 11.... when you officially become cooler and smarter than your parents, and almost every adult alive.

    ReplyDelete