Welcome!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Make yourself at home and take a few minutes to find out a little about my crazy little world!

7.05.2009

My Little Blakers' B'day Weekend...


This weekend was really... well, great!

Friday: I was able to be off work which is pretty rare... I went shopping and had some fun out messin' around with Mama & Blakers and lunch with my hubby! We went b'day shoppin' for Blakers, can you believe my BABY is SEVEN YEARS OLD!??!?!! Besides asking for a 4 wheeler or dirt bike, we had it pretty easy... we took him to Toys R Us first... and crazy as it seems, he really didn't want too much! He wanted a Pitch-back (pitch a baseball, it bounces back) and some baseballs, but then he wanted to go to WalMart... yeah, WalMart... that's where he went partially crazy. He started wanting everything!! He wanted a bunch of 'odd-n-ends', so instead of making him tell me different things that I could go back and pick up later, I went ahead and let him just put them in the buggy so he got exactly what he wanted... but he didn't know that Mom had gotten him a new PSP at Toys R Us and he didn't know that I had gotten him a new game, so he was REALLY surprised!! It was so funny to watch him open the game before the PSP! He was so confused...
Saturday: Steve was off work, which was VERY rare... we slept in (another rare-ity) then went to get fireworks... that was super-fun... well, for the boys that is! Dad and Uncle Wayne met us over there... they were checking out the Big Stuff while the boys were throwing stuff in their baskets faster than Lil E on race day! We left with $220 worth of fireworks... this is the yearly 'boy trip'... I always go along, but I don't answer questions such as "Mom, can I have this" or "Mom, what does this do"... I throw my hands up, raise my eyebrows and make a wierd 'i dunno' face and say "This is a boy trip, ask a boy"... I love it!!
Then we headed to Aunt Ann & Uncle Jip's new house for Dad's side of the family's get-together for the 4th.... there was food, fun and swimming! We had a ton of fun... I took Blakers a cake (that he picked out!) and everybody sang "Happy Birthday" to him!
Then it was time for Fireworks!! Chris, Jackie, Ethan, Anna Kate, Jamarri, Mom, Dad and Memaw came over to see the whole neighborhood 'light up'! It's always fun to watch one road 'battle' the other!
Sunday: We slept in again... yes, I was convicted... but I'll have to say it's been a LONG time since we've done that... anyway... we went to eat and then to see TRANSFORMERS at the IMAX!! It was definitely a great movie and a cool way to see it!!

Well, that's our weekend in a nutshell... time for nighty-night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment